* Biodiesel reduces greenhouse gas emissions from 75 to 100 percent
* Biodiesel lowers sulfate emissions (primary cause of acid rain) by 100 percent.
* Biodiesel lowers particulate matter by 40 percent
* Biodiesel lowers polluting hydrocarbons emissions by 93 percent.
* Biodiesel is as biodegradable as sugar and poses no risk to water quality.
* Biodiesel can be grown year after year, giving farmers work.
* Biodiesel is derived from renewable and recycled resources.
* Biodiesel crops recycle the atmospheric carbon created when biodiesel is burned.
* Biodiesel emissions result in a closed loop CO2 cycle.
* Biodiesel has the highest energy balance of any alternative fuel. For every one unit of fossil energy needed to produce biodiesel, 3.2 units of energy are gained.
* Biodiesel is non-toxic (it has a toxicity that falls between that of table salt and maple syrup)
* Biodiesel particulate matter has 80 percent less cancer-causing potential than standard diesel fuel.
* Biodiesel is the only alternative fuel to have passed all Clean Air Act Health Effects testing.
* Biodiesel lowers poisonous carbon monoxide emissions by 50 percent
* Biodiesel reduces air toxins by up to 90 percent.
* Biodiesel is free of carcinogenic benzene
Biodiesel exposure produces:
NO pronounced toxicity at any exposure level
NO mortality, clinical abnormality, neurotoxins or internal pathologic response
NO adverse effect on fertility and reproductive systems and far less mutagenic activity